Upcoming Events: Sprint for Sight & Dining in the Dark

Sprint for Sight Scheduled for June 5th to June 11th  

VIA is proud to announce that we’re teaming up with Eye Care & Vision Associates for our first annual Sprint for Sight event. This 5k run/walk will be from June 5th through June 11th, and all proceeds will go towards helping visually impaired people. The event is coming up soon, so if you’re interested in supporting this non-profit organization, sign up today!  

Sign Up for the 2021 Sprint for Sight 5k 

Dining in the Dark Fall Gala Postponed 

Great strides have been made toward recovering from the repercussions of Covid-19, but we have decided it is in the best interest of the community to play it safe and postpone this year’s “Dining in the Dark” Fall Gala until May 2022. We hope that by then, we can gather safely, don blindfolds, and break bread together in recognition of the accomplishments of those who are blind and visually impaired in the Western New York community. 

While we are disappointed by the need to cancel this event, we appreciate your ongoing support and welcome any donations. Like many organizations, Covid19 greatly impacted VIA (formerly Olmsted Center for Sight), and we are struggling financially due to the loss of business during the Covid Pause. 

Our agency suffered a $350,000+ loss, and we hope to gain back at least some of that shortfall. Your generous donations are well-spent, with only 10% spent on administration and the remaining 90% dedicated to people and programs. 

Donate to VIA 

Who is VIA?  

VIA (Visually Impaired Advancement) is a nonprofit rehabilitation and social services agency committed to people who are experiencing vision loss. We provide tools, education, rehabilitation, job training, job placement, and support for people of all ages. 

We work hard each year to provide comprehensive rehabilitation training and programming to over 2,000 people in Western New York who are blind or visually impaired. 

Our mission is to assist people who are vision impaired to achieve their highest level of independence. If you would like to contribute toward the cost of adaptive technology for kids and adults, and programs & services for people who are blind in our community please consider a donation!

Learn more about VIA at our website: https://viawny.org/ 

Share This Post:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email