Whether you are entering or re-entering the workforce with a visual impairment we offer programs to meet your career goals. Working with you to make your goal a reality is the mission of the workforce development team. VIA partners with local community employers who seek skilled, dedicated employees.
YOUR PATHWAY TOWARDS EMPLOYMENT
- Job Retention
- Career Exploration
- Work Skills Development
- Job Placement Services
- Tips for the Workplace
Work Experience Training (WET)
VIA offers the opportunity to develop skills in a real-life employment setting that both benefit employees and employers.
VIA is here to help employees prepare for competitive employment in a career that best suits their interests, abilities, and visual accommodations. Whether you’re a high school student who’s exploring options for your future or you’ve been out of the workforce for a period of time, our programs and services will help prepare you for obtaining and retaining employment.
Some topics include:
- Understanding & executing job tasks and requirements
- Understanding & demonstrating the soft skills for successful employment; such as punctuality, professional communication, and attire
- Organizational skills
- Resume building and other professional documents
- Self-advocacy in the workplace
For employers, WET provides an outstanding opportunity for those looking to develop an accessible workforce team. VIA offers a form of internship that connects enthusiastic participants with companies looking to boost productivity.
- 100% of the wages of workers hired through this VIA program for Work Experience Training are covered by VIA
- 100% Workers’ Compensation covered by VIA
- Certificate of Liability Insurance provided by VIA
- Other support & accommodations provided by VIA as needed
Ease of On-boarding:
Ongoing guidance and support from our staff throughout your WET program, including on-boarding, HR issues, and more.