Maintaining good eye care is important all year long, but this month VIA: Visually Impaired Advancement is highlighting the significance of vision health! Following these tips can help with the prevention of eye disease or vision impairment:
- Yearly check-ups with your optometrist for preventative care.
- Wear the correct prescription for glasses and contact lenses.
- Avoid sleeping in contact lenses and proper cleansing/ storing.
- Eyelid wash and removing eye makeup before bed.
- Wear sunglasses while outside to protect your eyes from the sun rays.
- Limiting screen time and blue light exposure.
Let VIA: Visually Impaired Advancement Help
In addition to following these eye care tips; some eye diseases or vision impairments cannot be prevented. When you or a loved one first begin experiencing visual impairment, it’s essential that you contact your doctor or ophthalmologist for a consultation. Once you’ve spoken with your doctor, VIA’s low-vision optometrist can make additional recommendations to help you live independently once you’ve been diagnosed with low vision or impaired vision.
Our low-vision optometrist will thoroughly evaluate your eyesight and discuss your diagnosis with you. You’ll also talk about your goals and what you want to achieve using our services. Then, we can recommend the right vision rehabilitation services for your needs.
If you or someone you know is suffering from vision loss, visit our website: