Facebook birthday fundraisers
People use Facebook to dedicate their birthday and raise money for VIA: Visually Impaired Advancement. If you live in the United States, Facebook has made it easier to do this by allowing people to create a fundraiser for their birthday directly on Facebook.
Please click here to set up your Birthday Fundraiser for VIA easily.
How’s It Work
Two weeks before your birthday, you will see a message from Facebook in your News Feed giving you the option to create a fundraiser for your birthday. You can create a fundraiser for any of the 750,000 U.S. nonprofits available for fundraising on Facebook.
Support the VIA by creating a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser. Once you do, your friends will receive a notification inviting them to support you in honor of your special day.
Create Your Own Birthday Fundraiser
- Select the VIA: Visually Impaired Advancement from a list of available nonprofits.
- Enter the amount of donations you are looking to raise.
- Tell your story as to why the VIA is important to you.
- Pick a cover photo.
- Congratulations! Your Birthday Fundraiser has been published. Invite your friends.
- Want to raise more for your birthday? Offer to match any donations that come in. Don’t worry; you can set a limit.
To learn more about Facebook Birthday Fundraisers, click here.