About Your Donation
Why Support VIA?
• VIA serves over 2500 clients each year with a wide variety of vision services.
• Many of our programs and services have no associated fees thanks to private donations, grants and contracts.
• We have over 110 years of history in helping people who are visually impaired.
• 90 cents of every dollar is spent on programs, with only 10 cents spent on administration.
• Our programs are tailored to the specific needs of our consumers, no matter how complex those needs are.
Your donation will help one of the many programs we offer at VIA, including:
Dear VIA Supporter,
They say you can’t build a house without a solid foundation. I know its cliché, but it’s true. VIA is in the business of building foundations.
When you’re blind, living in a world that so often feels like it’s not designed for you; you need a stronger foundation than most. I am able to thrive in life because of the services VIA has provided to me since I was a little girl in their early education program. I have been able to graduate from college, find an excellent job with the IRS, and foster meaningful relationships with people around me. VIA is building foundations for countless people, every single day. Not just children, but people of all ages. Their services help individuals experience so many “firsts in their lives”. Someone’s first time reading a braille book, first time using a computer optimized with adaptable software, their first job, and many more.
The support raised through VIA’s Annual Appeal helps make all this possible. With your support, VIA can continue to build foundations, and provide these life-changing experiences to thousands of individuals who are blind or visually impaired living in WNY. When you support VIA you are supporting future lawyers, bloggers, Ph.D.’s, entertainers, and business leaders who will go out and change the world.
Annie Brady – VIA Client & Ambassador