Blind Simulation presentations
With vision loss affecting over 27 million people in the United States, VIA makes it our mission to help inform and educate the public about how people who are visually impaired can live and work independently. VIA’s blind simulation (commonly known as Lunch & Learn) helps educate and increase diversity awareness in the workplace. VIA shows the capability of people with all different abilities by giving others an interactive glimpse into someone who lives day to day without using their vision.
how does it work?
- Minimum of 10 staff requested
- VIA Staff will facilitate the simulation
- Participants will be blindfolded and perform tasks:
- Blindfolded Water Pour
- JAWS Demo
- Cane Travel
- Max TV Simulations
- and more!
- Interactive B/VI trivia
- Increase awareness about diversity in the workforce
- Increase awareness of the skills of people who are blind and visually impaired
- Debrief discussion to allow participants to share thoughts
- Great team-building experience
- Encourages people to advocate, volunteer, and give back to our community